Tuesday, March 20, 2012
World Down syndrome DAY!!!
I thought instead of writing another post on Down syndrome and what it means to my family that I would choose a few of my favourite posts on the subject and share them again. Obviously Down syndrome is a big part of our lives, but that's the thing, it's just a part.
This year United Nations has recognized this as an official day (even though it has been celebrated for 7 years) March 21st standing for the 21st chromosome and the third copy (trisomy 21) which is Down syndrome.
I remember thinking when Ola was born that Ds was going to take over all of our lives. It does have it's moments but quite honestly we have just way too much going on to give it too much thought. It's there, and that's fine.
So here we go, my favourite posts about Down syndrome:
1. Ola's Birth Story (aka when Ds rocked our world)
2. The weight of it all
3. Throwing out the playbook
4. Not your average chair (a review on the best highchair ever!)
5. Make me rich (siblings and Ds)
6. Mom do you still have a big belly? (siblings and Ds)
7. Have you met persistence? She's my bff!
8. Ola's great food adventures!
10. anytime is a good time for advocacy
Next year I have bigger hopes for what I can make this day in my community. I forgot about what type of impact one person can have on those around them. Thanks to my friend Laura for reminding me ;)
Posted by Poot & Boogie at 3:55 PM