Monday, January 2, 2012

handmade christmas


It is always my goal heading into the holiday season that I am going to make as many handmade gifts as I can, but as always time gets away from me, and I am scrambling to pick the most important ones to finish. I had been day dreaming and building the pattern in my head for this fox for Ola for about 2 weeks, but still hadn't made my way to the fabric store. Mark and I ended up in Washington for his work on the 21st of December and realized as we were driving that we were in Lynnwood. Lynnwood my friends has the closest location of Hobby Lobby! When I was trying to source the materials for my winter scenes I continually came across Hobby Lobby as a store for supplies I was searching on Google. Not planning on going to Washington any time before Christmas I had given up on getting there, until suddenly we were there!

I promised Mark that I would be 15 minutes...

63 minutes later Poppy and I emerged. It was the best craft store I have ever been in. I was surrounded by all of the supplies I had dreamed of. I was like a kid in a candy store, I was running around frantically afraid I would miss something. Fabric! Yarn! Glass! oh my!

And the best part is... they are coming to Bellingham. So my crafty friends make sure in the spring you look for them on your next run down for cheese.

Like a sign from above they had a bolt of this fantastic fleece for 30% off and I thought it would be perfect for Ola's fox.

I stayed up until the wee hours of the 23rd to get it finished and just had a chance to take a photo now.

Most importantly Ola loves it, and that is why a handmade Christmas is the best!

2 comments:

Cynthia F said...

Yay! Good to know about Hobby Lobby- I've always wanted to go to one too! Joann in Bellingham is pretty good too!
The fox is super cute!!

Sonia Valdez said...

What a cute little fox. It's weird I had never hear of Hobby Lobby. I'll have to check them out on the web.