Saturday, June 12, 2010

ugh....the diet

Knowing what it feels like to lose almost 30 pounds in 3 weeks (Thank You Ola!) really makes it suck when you put back on 5 of those pounds in the following two. I knew after having Ola and realizing now more than ever how important it is for me to be around for my girls (and Mark) that I would need to lose some of the extra pounds that I have been lugging around for the last 10 years.

I have done a lot of diets including one that involved me eating 9 cups of lettuce for each salad (That's a lot of lettuce!) I had success years ago on Weight Watchers and after seeing Sarah do so good on it recently I have jumped back on the bandwagon.

It has been two days...

It is going okay....

Except for the fact that I know there is salami in the fridge and it is constantly calling to me from the meat drawer. Oh how I love Salami, and cheese and artisan bread, and BUTTER.

I decided that Poppy and I would share a salami sandwich for lunch, I throughly enjoyed my half a salami sandwich until I realized that those two pieces of salami were 4 points. If you are not familiar with Weight Watchers, this is bad. Real bad.

And this makes me sad. Real sad. :(

But it is all for the greater good right? Get healthy, show my girls that it is ok to not be a size 2 if you just are never going to be that size, cause lets get real I can maybe pull off a 10, but I don't see anything smaller than that in my near future. I have some blood pressure pills that I would love to never pay for again, and a few rolls that I would really love for Poppy not to knead.

Ahhh... the post baby diet. Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

And that IS very sad about the salami. Very, very sad.

Poot & Boogie said...

I know, who would have thought... OK, I knew it, but come on!