Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tick tock goes the clock

I have been a slave to the clock this past week. Every 4 hours I jump up and swallow some pills. I have had a headache pretty much every day for the past 10 months. I have had a bunch of tests and this week was the big one. A spinal tap. It wasn't as awful as it sounds, the doctor did a really good job and gave me some extra freezing to I wouldn't be in any pain. I am however having a difficult time recovering from the headache that follows as a side effect from the test. The ER doctor likened my spinal column to a full water balloon with a pin prick in it that has a leak. My spinal fluid is slowly dripping out the hole that the sample came from. I had to go back to the hospital and came home with a prescription for more Tylenol and to drink as much coffee as I could stand. I am not a coffee drinker but with some yummy recomendations from friends I was able to drink some iced ones.  The caffeine has helped with the headaches somewhat but a week later and my head is still feeling a little funny. A sneeze feels like my head is going to pop off, and bending down makes my eyes bug out... Lol.

Everyday I am improving, but I wasn't expecting a week long recovery.

I'll be back next week, hopefully with a new tutorial.

No comments: