Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day Weekend




We spend the first half of the weekend at our property in 100 mile house. It was so hot there, and no where to hide from the sun or the heat. It makes for a hard time. When the sun did go down at ummmmm 8pm or so the mosquito's came out. I have not seem so many mosquito's since I was a kid travelling through Drumheller. My parents gave up trying to fight them off in our tent trailer and took us to a hotel instead.


We are home earlier than planned, we decided to drive through the night to make it easier on the dogs and Poppy. We ended up doing a detour to avoid a closure on the highway due to a forest fire. We made it and are now comfortable in our little shaded home.


I did do some cutting out while we were away, but nothing very substantial. I am itching to make some dolls, it feel like it has been forever!!!

No comments: